- Clinical Therapeutics
- Professor, Departments of Paediatrics, Physiology & Pharmacology and Medicine, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario
- Scientist, Division of Children’s Health and Therapeutics, Children’s Health Research Institute
- CIHR-GSK Chair in Paediatric Clinical Pharmacology, Children’s Health Research Institute
- Associate Scientist, Robarts Research Institute, The University of Western Ontario
- Research Associate, Cameron Institute
- Scientific Prgram Chair, Canadian Society for Clinical Phamacology
Dr. Michael Rieder obtained his MD at the University of Saskatchewan in 1980 and his Ph.D. at the University of Toronto in 1992. His paediatric resident training was at the Children’s Hospital of Michigan and he completed fellowships in Paediatric Clinical Pharmacology and Paediatric Medicine at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto.
Dr. Rieder is a Professor with the Department of Paediatrics, Physiology and Pharmacology and Medicine at UWO. He is the Chair of the Section of Paediatric Clinical Pharmacology, Scientist and Program Leader of the Children’s Optimal Therapeutics Program at the Children’s Health Research Institute; Associate Scientist with the Biotherapeutics Group at Robarts Research Institute and the Scientific Program Chair for the Canadian Society for Clinical Pharmacology. His research interests are in Adverse Drug Reactions with a focused interest in Drug Hypersensivity and Optimal Therapeutics for Children. His research has been supported by the Canadian Institutes for Health Research, Genome Canada and the Hospital for Sick Children Foundation.
Dr. Rieder has been the recipient of many awards including the 1994 and 1996 Young Investigator of the Year for the Canadian and American Societies of Clinical Pharmacology. Other distinguished awards include the Harvard Macy Scholar Award and the Douglas Bocking Award both in 1996, and the 1999 and 2000 Teacher of the Year Award. He also holds the CIHR-GSK Chair in Paediatric Clinical Pharmacology at the University of Western Ontario, the only endowed Chair in Paediatric Clinical Pharmacology in Canada.
Dr. Rieder’s administrative responsibilities include Chair of Clerkship and Electives Committee and Program Director for the Clinical Investigators Program at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry.